Saturday 10 July 2010

A week of firsts ..... canvas art


So I got myself an A5 canvas (as they are in the sale everywhere at the mo!) and just had a go .... I inked it up, then stuck a torn book page on it, wasn't too sure if I liked that so I thought I cover it in clear crackle paint. That turned it a bit pink from the ink underneath. So loads of glimmer mist over the top. Still not sure about it. Stuck some new tissue tape round the edges and it looked awful but somehow rescued it by putting copper tape over that. You know what, the only thing I like about this is the flower with the 3 buttons stacked up and the memory thread. Other than that there isn't much I like about this canvas. But as the quote says: Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep. I've learned things from this, I'll definitely make more flowers like this one, but I may not be keeping this piece. Not everything can turn out a masterpiece, eh?!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this - me thinks you are being too hard on your self lol; I love the colour combo. I keep my first and look back and see how much I have moved on or improved or not as the case maybe!!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I LOVE IT! So, if you really don't want it, I'll send you my address!

    ReplyDelete