Friday 16 July 2010

Beeswax mirror.....


So I gotten myself a melting pot recently and then I was just looking through some old Craft Stamper magazines and discovered a beeswax project. So I got making.
I painted the mirror in traditional tan (getting on much better with it now than I did), then added some book pages with glossy medium and did another layer of paint over the top so that the pages came through. Then quickly swiped some timber staz on on the edges. Stamped some script and other things in black staz on in random places.
It's the first time I used beeswax so it's a bit of a learning curve. I used too much in places but next time I'll know better. Just painted it on, positioned some stamped images (on 1 ply of tissue) and got the heatgun on it. They just melt into it. I also added some torn bits of the book but it didn't wanna stick to well, maybe the pages are a bit too thick, compared to the tissue anyway.
The flowers are just cut from card and then dipped in beeswax. Very easy really. For a first time beeswax project I think it turned out fab.
I am entering this into the competition at The Stampman, the first theme is a free theme so anything goes.
Til next time!
Anika xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely mirror Anika! I never tried beeswax before, but I'd love to and I certainly will one day! Nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great stuff, Anika! Isn't beeswax great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creation, it looks wonderful on the mirror. Beeswax is great fun isn't it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful - love the fact you have tried new techniques too well done! Thanks for joining TSMC first week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW think this piece turned out brill, love it

    ReplyDelete