Thursday 1 July 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge - Week 3


So, it's week number 3 in the Compendium of curiosities challenge at Studio L3 and this week it's alcohol ink.
I do own a handful of alcohol inks but have to say I haven't used them much so far, except for colouring staples. I don't own any glossy card yet so I had to really think on how to enter this challenge but I found some coppee and silver coloured card that's fairly glossy so I just used that. And I think it makes a fab background for these flowers. The stamp is from this month's craft stamper magazine by the way, grab one now, it'll be one of those really useful little stamp that can be used for any occasion!

11 comments:

  1. Very cool use of the AI's! I love it! I love that stamp, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're right-- the copper and silver cardstock works beautifully! You've created something so gorgeous and unique here. Using the monoprint on the embellishments instead of the card background is a brilliant approach, and I love the clean, elegant look you achieved.

    Thanks for being part of the fun for week three! I hope you'll be back for the fourth challenge next Monday.

    ♥ ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea for using these backgrounds! I love how you added text. Definitely gives me ideas.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these flowers! Very creative and your result is fabulous - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab flowers these have worked out well on metalic card and you're right it is a useful stamp.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! The flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and a perfect use for any leftover bits of monoprinting too! Love this stamp too but haven't used mine yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! And HOW did you get such clean stamped images on the gloss? You're GOOD!

    ReplyDelete