Monday 19 July 2010

CCC #6 - More mini canvas art.....

It's monday and time for CCC #6.
So this week we are playing with medium and anything we can cover in it. Sounds fun, but then I went to work and it just wasn't working for me today. I covered various things in gloss medium (unfortunately I have no matt yet, it's on my to buy list) including grungeboard, but nothing wanted to stick properly and when it came to 'revealing' the shape afterwards it just went wrong.
So I consulted my compendium and Tim mentions canvas in there. So I thought I have a go at doing another mini canvas. I really enjoyed working with them recently and thought I make another little hangy thing. I bought an old 'little prince' book from the charity shop recently and thought that be perfect to make something for my nephew.
So got the canvas, stuck a grungeboard heart on it and covered it with the page. I placed the page so the title would be just above it. I painted over it and then wiped off the paint where it says the little prince. Red stickles over the heart and a little crown added.
That's the middle one done, the other two I used the back of and added photos of my nephew. They are filled in with utee by the way. I'm getting better at pouring it now which is nice. Looks much neater than the last one. Add some foliage, type charms and memory thread and it's done.
So bad start to this week's CCC, but it all turned out ok at the end.

13 comments:

  1. What a great piece. I love all the little 'extras'. Your nephew will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Turned out really well despite the challenge. (I hear you on that; I've had some difficulties with two of the Tim challenges so far! But the fun part is making it work.) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is wonderful! I love it when disaster turns out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out BEAUTIFULLY, Anika! What a brilliant idea, and you put this together so well! Good for you, finding a way to make the technique work with the products you had on hand.

    Your nephew is going to LOVE this! Anyone would. I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had to adapt too. Well done, this looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece, I know what you mean I had to go with what I had as no multi medium on shopping list now!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Anika. Your nephew will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hanging wall piece! I am sure your nephew will so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this turned out beautifully! I get it having to try some of these lessons more than once...my piece this week was made from one of last weeks cast offs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your mixture of elements on the canvas! Such a cute project! love the heart and the crown!

    ReplyDelete