Sunday 18 July 2010

Home sweet home....

I've had this design in my head for a little while. I just love the little house stamps from Paper Artsy. And I also wanted to make houses out of the memory frames and corners. The other larger house is actually made from them wedges that come with a canvas. You know the little bag of wedges that's always stapled to the back?! That's with A5 or larger canvases. I was about to throw them out and thought, hang on, 2 put together make a little house. So there you go. It's covered in book page and painted and stamped on.
The HOME letters are grungeboard painted with crackle paint and then spritzed with the chalkboard glimmer mist, I love the finish of that stuff, gives an actual coverage of the colour whilst still being glimmery. Gonna have to buy more of that, although at £6 a bottle is quite dear.
This is being entered into the Alter it monthly challenge. Check it out here.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous... wonderful piece. Thank you for joining us again this month :)
    good luck in the draw
    Z x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this piece has all come together, love those quirky PA stamps, and now I know what to do with all those spare wedges lol, I could have built a sky scraper by now, fab entry for this months theme, thanks again for joining in over at AIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous entry, I love all those little houses. And thanks for the tip on what to do with all those canvas wedges, they normally just become sandcastle toppers for my daughter! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there had to be a use for those wedges! Thank you! I love this, really quirky and original... fab

    ReplyDelete