Friday 30 July 2010

Alphabet Mirror....


Here is a project I had sitting here for a while now. I glued a lot of grungeboard letters to a mirror frame and painted on many layers of paint. I never seemed to like the colour so I just kept painting over it. In the end I spritzed it with a lot of glimmer mist anyway. It's a kinda blueish/bronzey colour, almost a metal effect.
I then added some distress embossing powder to pick out the letters ANIKA. I feel there is something missing here, hence it has been sitting here for so long, but my boyfriend assured me it is finished. So I'll trust his judgement and present you with my alphabet mirror. Ta da!

6 comments:

  1. I love it just the way it is. How clever to hightlight your own name amongst all the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful! Love the colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Anika, love the way you've picked out your name in the letters, great idea. Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Anita just shared this link with me, love what you have done, even if it was a little by accident lol, love your style TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project Anika, I love the finished look.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Luv B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous.. loving those alpha's :O))

    ReplyDelete