Saturday 20 November 2010

Tim Holtz inspired Christmas Baubles

I've been wanting to join in with 2 challenges - The Stampman Challenge where the theme is Tim Holtz Christmas and the Sir Stampalot Challenge where the theme is Christmas Traditions. So when I saw these clear plastic baubles I knew they'd be perfect to make up something christmassy.
On the blue ones I used stream alcohol ink in the inside and then stamped some snowflake from one of the Tim Holtz sets on the outside. I filled one with polystryrene balls and the other with chunky flitter. These are my first attempts so I reckon if I spend some more time playing around with the clear balls the results could be quite stunning and make nice decorations on my tree this year. Or even as a christmas gift for someone.



The next two I coloured with alcohol inks again, latte or ginger I cant quite remember. One baubles spells JINGLE BELLS on the outside and is filled with rusty bells. The other one says MERRY & BRIGHT and I filled that one with golden stars.


I have a load more baubles to decorate so pop back to see how the others turned out.
In the meantime have a crafty weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Anika, these are just perfect and something really different. I will love seeing how the other turn out.

    Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this monthm we really love to see your work, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty, bet they catch the light beautifully when displayed. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea Anika, I love them. Where did you get your baubles from.
    Thanks for joining in with the Stampman challenge this week
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are cool, like the one with the bells in

    ReplyDelete