Thursday 4 November 2010

Memories frame .... Mixed Media Monday Challenge


I didn't want to wait for the arrival of the Configurations boxes by Tim Holtz so a little while ago I started on this frame and made my own little compartments inside a shadow box frame.
I loved Tim's idea (and I'll be trying out the configurations boxes now that I got my inky hand on them finally!!) and just had to give it a go. So I split the frame into little boxes using foam board. I made some compartments for certain objects I wanted to use and others were just random sizes. A favourite of mine is the old miniature bottle I bought a while back, it's all sticky and the contents have evaporated and the label looks all old and dirty.
It's a great way of creating a memory box, this could be to any theme you like or just filled with random objects. It's fun, give it a go.
I also recently discovered the Mixed Media Monday Challenge, check it out, Im off to link my box to their blog now and browse all the other fab boxes entered this month!

12 comments: