Thursday 11 November 2010

My favourite Tim Stamp and a new Compendium Technique

Another week brings another Compendium Challenge and Simon says Stamp and Show too. I do enjoy both challenges very much but there isnt always time to join in..... luckily this week there was time and I combined the two.

I used the pinecone stamp from the new Tim Holtz sets, I love that stamp at the moment. It's very chistmassy but not overly kitsch, just pretty and lovely to work with.
And I had a go at the Perfect Distress Technique from the compendium. I did try it before but it didnt work that well, this time it turned out much better. Shame you cant tell the golden shimmer from the photo very well, but let me assure you its very pretty!!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Anika! I love that stamp, and your technique turned out fabulous! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely elegant card. It's difficult to get the shimmer to show, but I know it's there.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Anika, love your project and thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hope we will see ya again for the next challenge. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! your perfect distress worked really well with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cards always loo better in real life...I like the stamp...christmassy but not obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMW>....I'm sure it is pretty cause I'm just LOVIN' what I can see!!! SIMPLY WONDERFUL!!!


    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anika, this is the very definition of elegant simplicity! What a stunning card. The pinecone stamp is perfect for this technique, and looks absolutely gorgeous on this sweet card. I love that you allowed the image to take center stage, and I can only imagine how gorgeous that shimmer must look in real life!

    ReplyDelete