Friday 19 November 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #22


It's time for another Compendium Challenge over at Studio L3. We are playing with alcohol inks again this week and they are still not my favourite but I gave it a go anyway. Like last time I still haven't bought any glossy card (I have been meaning to but still never do) so I used some silver card again, since it's christmas soon I thought the silver would go well.
I have to say I really enjoyed this technique. Very colourful and it looks gorgeous. I punched out some snowflakes and use dthem on some christmas cards. Not your traditional christmas colours but I think they are a little different.

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the technique, your snowflakes are gorgeous! Love the shape of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how this technique looks when die cut. I did mine this way too! Also like your shaped cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to display your splatterd snowflake! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anika, this is gorgeous! This silver cardstock worked really well for this technique, and the little snowflake looks like an elegant stained glass ornament. I love this idea-- mind if I borrow it to make some decorations for my tree??

    I'm glad you enjoyed using the Alcohol Inks-- they do take some getting used to, but this is such a fun way to play with them, and with results this beautiful, you just can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fab cards, love the bright colours. I love alchol inks but you do need the glossy card to get the full effect- yours worked great on the silver though, may have to try this myself! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete