Tuesday 16 November 2010

Christmas Tealight Holders - For The Altered Element

Today I'd like to share with you a really quick little project.
I had these plain wooden tealight holders sitting here for ages and they didn't look much, so I thought I give them a makeover for christmas.
I painted them in a neutral colour, traditional tan in this case.
I then stamped the images I wanted to use on 1 ply of tissue using staz on.
I then covered the wood block in a thin layer of beeswax and melted the tissue images into it with a heatgun. It's very quick and easy and beeswax is a fab product to work with.


This technique would also work on any other wooden onjects, maybe you have some old picture frames lying around that could do with a makeover? Or a wooden box? Just give it a go, it's great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment