Saturday 20 November 2010

Simon says Stamp and Show - Whatever makes you happy

All week I've been meaning to add my entry for the Simon says Stamp and Show Challenge, but somehow I didn't manage to take photos of my piece.
So the theme is Whatever makes you happy..... and it makes me very happy when a project finally comes together.
I thought a few weeks ago it be nice to make some windchimes so I went on ebay looking for chimes I can take apart and looked through the charity shops and then had a look through my stash what would go nicely and somehow you keep buying more stuff and bits and this would look good on it etc ..... I'm sure we've all been there.
And then you work out a design and do a testpiece and then finally it will all come together and the finished piece is hanging in your room and it was worth the effort.







For this one I used 3 chipboard cutouts of the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and coloured it with distress inks. I hid the knots of the string in the middle layer of the flower to make it neater. I then added random beads and charms at the top. And the bottom hangy thing is a Maya Road flower frame, also coloured with distress inks and more dangly bits added.

It looks very simple but it took a while to work out how to attach and hide the strings and what length things need to be.
It's my first attempt, I'm sure the next ones will be easier. I'm currently working on a Tim Holtz inspired one and another using an alterations die. So watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative, wonderful project! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete