Monday 3 October 2011

A little late..... Alter it monthly - October theme - Boxes

This is a bit late, but better late than never. My DT piece for this month's Alter it Monthly theme "Boxes".
I have been away on holiday lazing about in the sunshine and on beaches so I hope you can forgive me.
I altered this plain wooden chest using various acrylic paints, spray inks, stencils etc. I stamped the Stampotique flowers all the way around the box and punched out some small paper flowers to stick on. All sounds very quick and easy but it took a while to get all the layers of paints on each side of the box, it's just one of those projects you start and keep coming back to.
The lettering is stamped on using my favourite Alphabitties by Stampotique, I'm in love with them!




Here is the back. I think you get the idea.

If you fancy altering a box of some kind come and join us at Alter it monthly. There is a prize up for grabs. And there is only 3 months left to enter the Alter it monthly challenges as sadly the decision has been made to close the blog down.











No comments:

Post a Comment