Tuesday 22 March 2011

A very special vintage notepad

I thought to myself the other day whether you can print on sticky back canvas as I've never been very good at any other image transfer techniques (not that I've really practised a lot, I'm a little impatient) so I had a little search online and yes of course you can print on the stuff.
I tried it out straight away and printed this old picture of my mum, I love that pic. It's one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen!
So I simply stuck this round some chipboard, glued a back to it so it looks neat and went a bit mad with the old perfect pearls mist (I think I used a bit too much). I then stamped some swirls over the top, bound the whole thing with a strong cardboard back and added some fibers and idea-ology. Done.


It is so easy to create a really personal gift like this, and a useful gift too. I'm gonna send this to my mum. And I think I just created a new obsession, printing old photos on sticky back canvas. Uhoh! Loads more notepads to come I think!
I am entering this into the Simon says Stamp and Show Challenge.











5 comments:

  1. Great little notebook, and sticky canvas is a wonderful invention....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Anika...I LOVE this! I don't think you used too much of the perfect pearls mist. It looks PERFECT to me! I, too, adore the vintage photo of your mum. What a sweet gift and a great idea! GREAT JOB! Thanks for entering this piece into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, too! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty ribbons! The old photo is cool too : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Anika, what a beautiful picture of your mum and I lOVE to print onto sticky back canvas too!!!
    Thank you, we're so pleased you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.
    HuGs Kim and the Design Team :)

    ReplyDelete