Wednesday 9 March 2011

Something blue, something new, something metal

As mentioned before I finally got to play with some metal over the weekend. Well, I had the tools and everything here for a while now, like half a year but never really managed to create anything worthwhile with it. I have always admired the Paper Artsy projects using metal and I've been inspired after seeing a frame at a recent Artsy Crafts Event. I embossed some blue metal and sanded it to make the script "pop".
The flower was made from silver metal with a flower stamped on, cut out and made into a rose type flower (with my added extra bits in the centre). Check out the Paper Artsy videos on You Tube, there is a great tutorial for making your own.
The little shadow box frame has just been coloured with Viva Inka-Gold Paste, I love that stuff.

This is being entered into a few challenges. First of all there is The Stampsmith Challenge where the challenge is to use something new. And as it's my first proper metal project I reckon it qualifies. Also the Simon says Stamp and Show Challenge where the theme is Metal. And last but not least Happy Daze have started a challenge on their facebook page. It's a fab shop I have been ordering a fair few stamps from recently and they also stock the metal and Viva products I used on this projects.

8 comments:

  1. This is a really inspirational piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Anika, absolutely georgous your metals are fabulous...w.owzersss LOVE IT...thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog and good luck. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to try out your new tools. Your project is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have been wanting to try working with metal too!!! This turned out so beautifully - I'm thrilled that you shared it with us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
    Best wishes,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, so elegant, I hope it's got place of honour on your wall x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Anika, this is beautiful, really special! I also wanted to let you know your candy arrived here today! Thanks a lot! Hugs, Annelies

    ReplyDelete