Friday 4 March 2011

MEN - AFFIRMATIVE

As the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is slowly coming to an end I really am trying to make the effort to join in even though crafting time is rare at the moment. But I am loving this challenge and have learned so many new things from taking part. Techniques I wouldnt have tried otherwise even though I had the compendium sitting here on the shelf.

So I got the super chunky fragment out for this one and stamped onto it the 3 men, I laid some aged music paper behind them to give it a little contrast from the dictionary paper. I added some filmstrip ribbon here and old stamps and a theatre ticket from Tim's sticker sheets. Where the dictionary paper reads " Affirmative" I coloured it on top of the fragment with alcohol ink. Works like a marker pen, just spread some ink and then wipe away til you just got left what you want highlighted. The hand is stamped in acetate and glued onto music paper.

I like this collage technique, I should do it more really. Plenty of fragments waiting to be transformed.

I am also entering this into the Ephemera challenge at Simon says Stamp and Show.

3 comments:

  1. This is just great - and so good to see some men around. Dictionaries are great aren't they? Very original...Well done - do come back! Thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the film strip ribbon and the image!! I'm also a fan of men...lol. Gorgeous layout though!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of ephemera that you included here. I really like the work with the Fragment too. The dictionary background and the filmstrip both add a lot. Terrific job on the Ephemera challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete