Sunday 31 October 2010

Witches Brew for The Altered Element - October Theme "Enchanted"

Today I wanna share with you another project I made for the "Enchanted" theme over at The Altered Element. I wanted to go down a slightly different route, away from the fairy princess style. So when I came across this old metal goblet I thought it be perfect to be altered.


I stamped onto tissues and cut the words out then stuck them onto the goblet carefully using a gel medium (like Golden Medium Matte). When that had dried I started playing with some alcohol inks. I used various browns, some currant. I also dribbled some glossy accents down the side to get drips. And then I just decorated it with some halloween decorations like plastic spiders and bugs, spider webs and some dried plants and leaves.


I tied some old lace round the stem and also tied some rusty old bells to it.

It's really the kinda project where you can use up some old bits of junk and craft leftovers and get messy with alcohol inks. It would also work nicely on old aluminium cookware, bowls, metal jugs.... anything that screams witches brew at you really.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Anika... Carol ( ginger) made me an amazing dark magic potion bottle.. and I made myself that curse box.. and I think this would have looked great sitting with them yesterday in my Halloween décor .... very mysterious and dark magic looking...

    ReplyDelete