Monday 11 October 2010

Pandora's Box

It's been a while since I've entered the challenge over on Tuesday Taggers, but this week we are decorating boxes and putting pretty handmade things inside too.
So I finally got my pot of terra texture paste out, I've had that sitting here for a while. I covered the whole box in it, about 2 mm thick. And the I stamped a script stamp and music stamp into it. Sometimes I just smoothed it back over and stamped again til I liked the result.
When that had dried I painted the whole thing in a dark blue, let it dry then worked over with a lighter blue and same again with a cream coloured paint. When all that was dry I sprayed over a bronze glimmer mist, esp into the deeper script and then I wiped it off. It left the light cream bits in a pinky kinda shimmer. The butterfly is simply diecut from black card and then dipped into UTEE in the meltpot.

Now as for the inside, I had some pretty pink card I cut up into pieces and attached to the insides, the LOVE writing is simply stamped in black archival.

The inside edges have been painted with a gold pen.

And then I just put some foam in so it can be used as a little jewellery box.










And on the inside you find a keyring.
Here is another technique I really wanted to try.... I inked up some glass slides with alcohol ink and then stamped onto them with archival ink. I then wiped off the archival ink and it takes off the alcohol ink underneath. It works well with dark or strong colours.
I had to learn the hard way that when you stamp writing it'll be backwards when you use the slide ink side in (which I like to do, as it's just a cleaner, neater look). But as I'm making art I just used the slide anyway and the writing is backwards. Haha!
I stamped some acript in staz on over the clean side of the glass and put it in the frame with some copper paper beind it. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment