Friday 11 February 2011

Break a leg in Kansas....


What an odd title you may think?! Well let me explain how these cards came to life....

I am currently working in the London production on "The Wizard of Oz" and we have been rehearsing since January and been very busy behind the scenes and for any of you who know the story, it starts in Kansas...
There was me browsing for lovely new stamps on the internet when I stumbled across this image by The Artistic Outpost and it immediately reminded me of our set on stage. So I simply had to buy them and thought they would make nice cards for opening night. And as you probably know we dont wish each other good luck as that would be bad luck so it's break a leg instead. All make sense now?





I've been playing around with distress inks and splattered the card ith water and used a distress background stamp, all making it look nice and vintagy and distressed, like our set on stage.

Of course I also had to buy the Wizard of Oz stamp set and I'll be showing my creations here soon so watch this space.

I have always loved the images used in Artistic Outpost Stamps but didn't own a set until now. It definitely won't be my last purchase from their range. And I can finally join in on the Referral Program to be in with a chance of winning more of their great stamps. Yeah! Check out the blog here.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, wonderful BG's! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

    ReplyDelete