Saturday 10 December 2011

What's the point - Mixed Media Canvas using Tattered Angels


This canvas was created a few weeks back when I was playing with my spray inks and I set myself the challenge to only use spray inks to create this. It's difficult layering spray inks when they are water soluble cause anything you spray on top will just "melt" the layer underneath but you can still create nice effects with stencils and by lightly varnishing one layer then spraying over the top.
I also used some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze for the splatters, gives a nice shiny splatters effect, I'm not sure what else to use the stuff for to be honest. It's just one of those products I haven't found great use for yet.

4 comments:

  1. It's very cool. Love the sentiment, the imagery and the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art piece looks wonderful! I love the irony of your subject and verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! Love the imagery and the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete