Wednesday 13 April 2011

Vintage Butterfly Mirror

As mentioned before I'm making a lot of stuff for a craft fair at the moment and this is another piece I'll be displaying there. I used an Ikea mirror as they are so cheap and everytime I head to Ikea I stock up on a few of these. I covered it with Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper which then got white washed and distressed with some distress inks, especially round the edges. From another sheet of the same paper I cute some butterflies and sprayed them with perfect pearls mist and stuck them on with foam pads. Gold corners and letters stuck on and it's done. It's very easy but looks lovely and old and vintagy. I may have to flick through the paper pack again and see what other papers may work well for use with the mirrors. I'm entering this into the Simon says Stamp and Show Challenge where the theme is distressing!

2 comments:

  1. What a great frame! Good luck at the craft fair, although I'm sure your crafts will b a hit! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhooi,,
    Card with a nice model,,!
    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete