I used one of them cheap ikea mirrors, only £1.19, perfect for altering. I cut up all the little squares and rectangles from white card and then inked them in either mustard seed or scattered straw. Then I worked over the top with aged mahogany and inked all the edges with black soot. It's amazing how every piece turned out so different with just the 3 colours on each. I then randomly stamped images in mainly black soot and a few in aged mahogany. It took a while to assemble the whole thing but worth the while I think.
I then added some embellishments on top. My favourite being the little copper butterflies.
Around the edges of the mirror I stamped random words using the Hero Arts Fanciful swirl Alphabet.
I went with the "Free as a bird" challenge theme over on Ink on my fingers (great blog, check it out!!). It's the first time I'm entering the challenge there but it's been a fun one and I hope to be back for more.