Tuesday 30 March 2010

My altered journals....

I've had a busy week of spending way too much money on various Tim Holtz and other craft products, a little trip to Blade Rubber Stamp shop in London (it's only a walk away from my work, very dangerous!!) and last but not least doing some crafting.

I'm very pleased with some of my creations this week. As mentioned in a previous post I wanted to alter some mini moleskine journals I bought. It's really addictive, I'm off to buy more blanks later to do more!!! But here are the ones I created yesterday:



There were all really quick to make so I can only recommend it, they make sweet little presents I think.

This one is my favourite. The bird stamp is from the Tim Holtz "Life's Possibilities" stamps sheet. I just tied some string around the cover, fed it through a Making Memories "Dream" coin and tied a bow over a piece of tracing paper stamped with a script stamp. Done.



This was the first one I made. The script is Tibetan sanskrit and means "Younger Sister", I had it translated and then made into a stamp. I used gold perfect pearls for it. And then I added 3 punched circles, 2 of them stamped and one is a sister definition from an old dictionary.
To finish it off I tied some red and black fibre around the spine.
They are my entry to the challenge over on Tuesday Taggers!

I know the journals come in all sorts of sizes and colours, so I think I might have to work my way through the whole collection until I've altered one of each colour and size. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment